In 1946, the year after World War II ended, four visionary Buffalo physicians, Drs. Ramsdell Gurney, Murray S. Howland Jr., George F. Koepf and Frank Meyers founded Buffalo Medical Group. Three of these doctors had served overseas. While they were eager to resume their medical practices, they decided to abandon the solo practice concept that was the norm at the time and move in another direction. Their experiences during the war led them to embrace a new model, a group physician practice. They firmly believed that this would enable them to provide the best possible care for their patients, and so, they blazed a trail. More than 60 years later, BMG continues to adopt innovative patient care concepts. Our many years of service place us among the oldest and with our continued growth among the largest physician-directed group practices in New York State. Our commitment to improving our patients', health drives us to deliver high quality, cost-effective and accessible health care through a multi-disciplinary approach.
Our physicians embody a long tradition of providing superior medical care, pursuing innovation as well as conducting research and teaching. All BMG physicians are either board certified or board eligible in their respective specialties, and many doctors hold clinical appointments at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
We are a multispecialty medical group that includes a primary care division with more than 30 family medicine and internal medicine physicians, and a specialty care division of over 70 physicians in 24 medical specialty and subspecialty sections. We also employ physician assistants and nurse practitioners to support our many doctors and patients.
Buffalo Medical Group offers primary care services and specialty services at more than 20 locations in the Buffalo Niagara region. Comprehensive patient care treatment centers include:
- 85 High Street, located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus
- 295 Essjay Road in Williamsville
- 3900 North Buffalo Road in Orchard Park
Our satellite locations can be found throughout Western New York ensuring accessible, high quality medical care for our patients.
Our reputation as a premier provider of diagnostic and treatment services is reflected in the fact that we operate a host of additional services.
Additional Services offered are:
- Behavioral Health
- Cardiology Services
- Echo/Stress Echo
- Stress lab
- Holter/Event Monitoring
- Pacemaker Clinic
- Coumadin Clinic
- Dietician Services
- Imaging Services
- 3T MRI
- Low dose CT scan
- Nuclear medicine including nuclear cardiology testing
- Softer digital mammography
- Bone densitometry
- General X-ray
- Laboratory (full service)
- Nurse Case Management
- Pharmacy Services
- Physical Therapy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- SameDay Care
- Sleep Center - Adult and pediatric sleep diagnostics
- Travel Clinic
- Vascular Ultrasound
We consider our patients to be partners in care, so we've made contacting us easy. We offer the following options for patients to communicate with their care team about questions, scheduling appointments, refills and/or test results:
- Telephone (In an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.)
- For Routine Calls, (See Below)
- call your physician's office directly
- call our general number (716) 630-1000 will take you to our 24/7 call center
- During office hours, your call is transferred to our staff
- After hours your call will be directed to the physician on call
- A secure web portal allows you to access portions of your medical record. Use the internet securely to help manage & receive information about your health. Available at MyBMGChart.com
Your team of providers will use a highly coordinated approach that features long term participative relationships to deliver quality care. You can rest-assured; at BMG, your health and well-being are our highest priority.
Centered Medical Home Information